Power Testing Ltd successfully won the annual maintenance contract for 5 Canada Square in Canary Wharf, consisting of several weekend shutdowns. Furthermore, the high voltage equipment consisted of switchgear that required modifications following reports of partial discharge problems. Power Testing provided a solution to the issues faced by the client in the form of a remote switching panel and an Ultra TEV monitoring system installation. This was in addition to the maintenance of in excess of 100 circuit breakers and testing of all protection relays.
- All maintenance and testing carried out within agreed time-frames.
- Minor defects identified and rectified immediately.
- Cable termination breakdown repaired.
- Faulty integral protection relay replaced, configured, tested and put into operation.
- Installation of remote switching panel for VMX switchgear, safeguarding both client personnel and equipment when undertaking switching operations.
- Installation of Ultra TEV partial discharge monitoring system, enabling client to measure and record transient earth voltages and identify any arising issues.
- Critical spares list compiled, enabling the client to quickly recover from any future outages.
- Activation of the 24/7 call out facility, guaranteeing on-site assistance within 4 hours.
- Full report including defect quotation sent to client within 7 days.