“Maintaining Power in the Banking Sector”
Power Testing Ltd won the maintenance contract for Morgan Stanley’s offices in Canary Wharf. With 5,000 staff, this building is the bank’s European headquarters and it was essential that works were completed promptly outside of banking hours so as not to disrupt trading. This was a huge operation with the maintenance of some 80 circuit breakers and the testing of all protection relays to be completed within a two-day shutdown over the Easter weekend. Our experienced managers kept two shift teams working around the clock and the project was finished, with all works signed off, long before the dawn traders returned.
- All maintenance and testing carried out within agreed time-frames.
- Careful planning & coordination, alongside UK Power Networks, to ensure the power was back on for trading.
- Minor defects identified and rectified immediately.
- Failed cable termination replaced.
- Faulty MiCOM protection relay replaced, configured, tested and put into operation.
- Major switchgear defects identified. These had the capacity to increase the risk of a possible power outage so we formulated and implemented a mitigation plan across subsequent months.
- Critical spares list compiled, enabling the client to quickly recover from any future outages.
- Activation of the 24/7 call out facility, guaranteeing on-site assistance within 4 hours.
- Full report including defect quotation sent to client within 7 days.