“Improvements to a 24/7 occupied building”
Power Testing Ltd successfully won the contract to upgrade the existing HV/LV power distribution system within two 18 storey office blocks. Works involved the transfer of all Tenant generator backed supplies from an existing Landlords system onto a “spare” 1000kVA mains / generator backed substation. This necessitated the modification of 2 No Siemens 1000A barduct’s and installing new cable risers and distribution boards from floors 3 to 16. Shutdowns were then agreed to transfer each Tenant onto the new system. The building has four, 25 year old, 2000kVA resin cast transformers that we were tasked with inspecting and upgrading the temperature \ voltage monitoring devices.
Worked closely with CBRE to minimise operational risks & disruption to the 24/7 occupied building users.
- Careful planning and coordination to ensure shutdowns were kept to a minimum.
- Efficient project management involving third parties.
- Cost savings by utilising an existing changeover system – saving the need for ATS panels.
- Successful transfer of Tenants supplies from the Landlords Essential Panel onto a dedicated Tenants Essential Panel.
- Ensured the compatibility of the transformer monitoring system with new Building Management System.
- Identification and mitigation of project risks.
- Safe cable containment, pulling and installation.
- Plant movement / disposal.
- Switchgear installation and commissioning.
The client was delighted that this critical project was delivered free of risk and unplanned outages.