2020 Annual Company Day
On the 6th February 2020, we held our 3rd Annual Company Day at The Crystal Maze in Piccadilly Circus. It gave us a chance to come together as a team, celebrate our successes over the last year, set out our plans for the next year, have fun and reinforce our core values:
- Safety First – Making sure everyone goes home safe every day.
- Teamwork – Together Everyone Achieves More.
- Our People – allowing them to be the best they can be.
- Striving to be the Best – at everything we do.
- Setting the Standards – in everything we do.
It is so important to reflect on what we have all achieved together, especially following another record-breaking year in all areas:
- More quotes produced than ever before
- Highest conversion rate of successful tenders
- Most number of Near Misses reported
- Highest scoring achieved in 2019 audits and accreditations
- Most successful Customer Satisfaction Survey results
- More people recruited than in any other year
- Highest amount invested in training than ever before
- Moe days spent training than in any other year
- More of our people promoted due to their development than in any other year
- Lowest staff turnover rate than ever before (basically, people are happy to stay)
- Largest amount of money raised for charity than in any other year
- Highest scheduling efficiency
- More Call Outs than ever before
- Highest amount of jobs completed
- More projects delivered than in any other year
- More invoices produced than ever before
And this year, each department head presented to the team their 2019 highlights and their plans for 2020 – exciting times at Power Testing with continued improvement, development and growth top of the agenda in all areas.
Special Achievement Awards
Following these exciting, insightful and sometimes humorous presentations, it was time for our Special Achievement Awards. It seems every year we are celebrating our people for their stellar service and loyalty – dedicating their careers to Power Testing. With an average length of service of 10 years, which also includes 16 new starters in the last 2 years, it shows that we are doing something right as a company. That our people want to stay and be part of something special and enjoy working for Power Testing – something that the company is always striving to achieve. After all, we are nothing without our people. And this year we had 2 more Special Achievement Awards
The employee of the Year Winner: Steve Gatward – Operations Manager
“Day in day out this guy delivers and always puts staff members before himself”.
The Most Improved Winner: Andy Wilkins – Technician
“Andy has stepped up his game over the last year & is now a good team player.”
The Rising Star Winner: Alex Harvey – Trainee Jointer
“The kind of employee you would want 10 off. His attitude & determination are second to none.
Safety Champion: Sean Sheehan – Supervisor
“I enjoy every job I am on with him, safety is always his number 1 priority and I always feel safe.”
15 years’ Service in January 2020: Pat Templeman – Technical Manager
Pat joined in 2005 as an Apprentice, studying whilst also learning his trade on one of the toughest Rail contracts under the wing of one of our cleverest and longest-serving people, Alan Ager. Pat excelled and has consistently demonstrated a passion for learning and now teaching. From an Apprentice to Technical Manager in little under 15 years is nothing short of phenomenal.
30 years’ Service in November 2020: Kevin Stevens – Project Engineer
Kevin joined in 1990 from the Eastern Electricity Board as a Technician and soon worked his way up to become an Engineer. He has been a mainstay at Power Testing ever since – calm, collected and extremely knowledgeable, delivering countless successful projects over the years. A life long commitment to the company is a testament to Kevin’s loyalty and dedication.
The Crystal Maze
After lunch, it was time to reinforce our core value of ‘Teamwork’ – and what better way than participating in the Crystal Maze. Whether it be in Aztec, Futuristic or Industrial and whether it be a Skill, Mental or Physical challenge, everyone worked together and had great fun – with varying success!
Congratulations to the winning Crystal Maze Team – The Power Crystals, who got 160 Golden Tickets, without cheating!
From the management presentations, the awards, the lunch to the proper Crystal Maze. It proved to be an action-packed, worthwhile and fun day with everyone leaving with an even greater understanding of the company’s direction, goals and strategy and their part to play in it. Until next year!