Power Testing Ltd was asked to attend site due to a cable fault on the secondary side of a critical transformer. This left a major part of the site on single circuit risk. As a temporary measure, Power testing Ltd efficiently installed a temporary feed on the secondary side of the transformer, to allow the site to have the expected resilience, whilst a new cable installation was designed. New cables were to be installed, using a different cable route to prevent the same cable fault occurring in the future. New containment was installed and existing containment was used. A cable pulling specialist was used to pull the cables into place efficiently and neatly. Upon completion of the installation, the newly installed cables were tested and commissioned before being energized.
- Worked closely with the client to minimize operational risks & disruption to the site.
- Careful planning and coordination to ensure shutdowns were kept to a minimum.
- Efficient project management involving third parties.
- Successful transfer of supplies from the Damaged Cable to the New HV Cable.
- Identification and mitigation of project risks.
- Safe cable containment, pulling and installation.
- Plant movement/disposal.
- Timescales and deadlines met
- Reacted immediately to ensure a temporary supply was in place whilst the new install plans were put together.